Assurance of security – using telephones
- 1. Crime Stoppers’ phones do not show the caller’s number; they show “Caller ID barred”
- Crime Stoppers does not tape calls
- It’s your decision whether to leave your name or not
- Dial 1800 333 000
This is because your information is more important to us than your identity. Of course, if you are willing to tell us your name and contact details, that’s even better, but it’s your choice. If you leave your details the investigating police may discreetly contact you as their investigation proceeds.
Assurance of security – using the internet
Report crime online here: www1.police.nsw.gov.au/crime_report
Sharing crime information online is secure.
What happens to your information?
Your information is assessed by NSW Police Force intelligence analysts and sent to the relevant local area police for investigation. The information you supply may form the final piece of the puzzle or alert police to the existence of a criminal or crime.
What’s in it for you?
A safer community for NSW
- Removing criminals from circulation
- Police and the community working together
- A community that’s active in protecting itself
- Raised community awareness
- Personal satisfaction, by doing the right thing
- Rewards of up to $1000 if your information leads to an arrest, may be paid*
Thanks to information received from the public, we help solve a crime every 11 HOURS, in NSW!
*The NSW Crime Stoppers board oversees the program and approves reward payments.