Crime Stoppers is a community-based program which began in NSW in 1989.
We collect information which may help police stop, solve or prevent a crime. Some people prefer not to become involved in a police investigation and therefore may not share what they know about a crime directly with police. Crime Stoppers welcomes that information without the person needing to give their name.
We encourage the public to share information about:
- People wanted by police
- Unsolved crimes
- Crime that is being planned
- People you know who have committed criminal offences where they have not been arrested
- Suspicious or unusual activity
If you need an immediate police response, call 000.
What’s in it for you?
- A safer community for NSW
- Police and the community working together
- A community that’s active in protecting itself
- Personal satisfaction in doing the right thing
The Board of Crime Stoppers NSW oversees the program and approves reward payments of up to $1,000 if your information leads to an arrest.
When you contact Crime Stoppers
You will be provided with a unique code when you contact Crime Stoppers. Use this code when providing further information or to inquire about a reward.